And so this happened. Learn from me. Freezer meal tips I wish I did:
- You’re supposed to put the bag on its side and make it as flat as possible so that you can stack them one on top of each other. Brilliant. I just wish I would remember. I always forget and have lumpy, alien-looking shapes that take up freezer space…and they never seem to leave. Sshh, why won’t they leave?
- You’re supposed to label the bag with its content. Sounds simple. I never seem to remember.
- And don’t forget date of entry. I believe I’d find a date useful. I must try to remember.
- This labeling stuff would all be easier if you had permanent markers handy. Keep some handy (but out of reach of the kiddos). Learn from me.
- And bags are good. Gallon-size freezer bags work fine. But smaller ones have their use-lunch soup for one, dip ingredients, vegetables or fruit, cookies or dessert for special family occasions or small dinner parties, quick breakfasts or snacks, kiddo treats; lots of options.
- I really must freeze more. It’s a nice way to have clean eating meals at the ready to compete with, and eventually replace, processed ones. The goal is to get clean eating meals in and processed ones out but to do that I need to freeze more meals. That’s a worthy goal for this month.
- I’m hoping that by writing this down that I will commit to the tips. Fingers crossed. Here’s to hoping.